- Titel: The photographer's cookbook
- Erschienen: Aperture, New York, N.Y, 2016
- Ausgabe: 1. ed.
- Umfang: 157 S. : zahlr. Ill. ; 23 cm
- ISBN: 1597113573; 9781597113571
- Sprache: Englisch
- Schlagwörter: Cooking ; Photographers ; Photographers Cookbooks Cookbooks ; Fotograf ; Kochbuch
ZE 77000 : International, Allgemeines
AP 99000 : International, Allgemeines
- Inhalt: In the late 1970s, the George Eastman Museum approached a group of photographers to ask for their favorite recipes and food-related photographs to go with them, in pursuit of publishing a cookbook. Playing off George Eastman?s own famous recipe for lemon meringue pie, as well as former director Beaumont Newhall?s love of food, the cookbook grew from the idea that photographers? talent in the darkroom must also translate into special skills in the kitchen. The recipes do not disappoint, with Robert Adams?s Big Sugar Cookies, Ansel Adams?s Poached Eggs in Beer, Richard Avedon?s Royal Pot Roast, Imogen Cunningham?s Borscht, William Eggleston?s Cheese Grits Casserole, Stephen Shore?s Key Lime Pie Supreme, and Ed Ruscha?s Cactus Omelet, to name a few. The book was never published, and the materials have remained in George Eastman Museum's collection ever since. Now, forty years later, this extensive and distinctive archive of untouched recipes and photographs are published in 'The Photographer?s Cookbook' for the first time. The book provides a time capsule of contemporary photographers of the 1970s?many before they made a name for themselves?as well as a fascinating look at how they depicted food, family, and home, taking readers behind the camera and into the hearts, and stomachs of some of photography?s most important practitioners
- Kommentar: Recipes and photographs collected by Deborah Barsel; selections and editing by Lisa Hostetler and Denise Wolff. - " ... this recipe and photograph collection originated at the [George] Eastman Museum"--Page 9. - Includes index.
- Medientyp: Buch
- Datenquelle: SLUB Dresden