- Titel: The city of London : architectural tradition & innovation in the Square Mile
- Erschienen: London: Thames & Hudson, 2011
- Ausgabe: 1. publ.
- Umfang: 352 S.; zahlr. Ill., Kt.
- ISBN: 0500342776; 9780500342770
- Sprache: Englisch
- Schlagwörter: London ; Architektur ; Geschichte
HG 430 : Natur; Landschaft; Völker; Orte
- Inhalt: The city of London" is a major illustrated celebration of the architecture and of the Square Mile. Beginning with a general introduction that provides an historical overview of the City's development, the main part of the book is divided into 8 chapters, each devoted to a particular district of the City. Each chapter begins with a 1,500-word introduction (with a specially commissioned map of the district as well as additional illustrations) and then includes approximately 25 entries on individual buildings and urban spaces such as squares and public gardens. Each entry is illustrated with 24 images, including specially commissioned exterior and interior photographs and selected archival images provided by the London Metropolitan Archives and other City sources. In total, there are approximately 200 entries, including major landmarks such as St Paul's Cathedral and 20th-century developments such as the Barbican, and each of the bridges that connects the City with the South Bank
- Kommentar: With 533 ill., 438 in colour.
- Medientyp: Buch
- Datenquelle: UB Heidelberg