- Titel: Fascinating architecture : world public architecture
- Erschienen: Dalian: University of Technology Press, 2012
- Umfang: 367 S.; zahlr. Ill., graph. Darst.
- ISBN: 9787561160503; 756116050X
- Sprache: Englisch; Chinesisch
- Schlagwörter: Architektur
ZH 4900 : International, Allgemeines
- Inhalt: Building is divided into two basic categories - private structures such as houses, and public buildings like railway stations, concert halls or museums. This book highlights the groundbreaking and breathtaking new public architecture now appearing around the world, from Spain to Norway, via Chile, China en the USA. Public buildings have limits of their own: whether a courthouse or an airport, a stadium or college campus, questions of style, function or cost are clearly posed. Resolving such tensions is just one of many serious questions that arise when the definition of public architecture is at stake. This book explores the most creative responses to these and related issues, and show how in recent years, public architecture has undergone a tremendous upheaval, an aesthetic awakening of sorts
- Kommentar: Text in engl. und chines.Sprache.
- Medientyp: Buch
- Datenquelle: SLUB Dresden